90% of companies fail to implement the strategic plans that they’ve invested so much time, resources, and energy in development.
- 5% of the workforce understands their companies’ strategy.
- 15% of executive teams spend more than one hour per month discussing strategy.
- 25% of managers have incentives linked to strategy.
- 40% of organizations link budgets to strategy.
Successful strategic management generates a compelling vision of the desired future and a clearly defined mission, combined with explicit values to guide behaviour and a process to deliver performance. When strategy is properly carried out, the results are seamless, the organization’s energy level increases so performance gaps can be effectively closed and desired outcomes are realized.
Your organization can be one of the 10% of companies that successfully implements their strategic plans, and Leadership Intelligence can help by translating strategy into operational terms, aligning the organization to the strategy through intensive dialogue, making strategy everyone’s daily job by increasing clarity, shifting performance conversations to a continual versus an annual event, and mobilizing change through executive leadership. Leadership Intelligence’s consultants can help not only create the strategic plan, but also develop an integrated implementation plan and help support your efforts throughout the year.
How Leadership Intelligence can help:
- Conduct environmental scans to determine areas of strengths, weaknesses, vulnerability, opportunity, and threats.
- Facilitate and administer comprehensive organizational health and employee engagement assessments.
- Facilitate and co-create a business purpose that clearly articulates the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Facilitate high-level planning scenarios for implementation of critical strategic initiatives and change management projects.
- Test organizational alignment and make recommendations for corrective action on any disconnects between strategy, operations, structure, business processes, human processes, and culture.
- Facilitate implementation planning meetings at the operational level to ensure delivery of performance results.